Yum - I forgot how good Chia Seed Pudding can be and even better with the zing of orange zest... I was eating Chia Pudding this morning wondering what it was that they had put in there and orange zest it was, so I want to recreate that yummy taste!
This recipe doesn't really take very long which is good (other than the leaving it overnight). The chia seeds plump up and become so soft and easy to digest - great for irritable tummies and great for getting some fiber into your diet (that still tastes delish)!
See what you think of the recipe below - this makes around 3 puddings:
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chia seeds (any brand will do - Rich Nutrients stocks a variety)
- 1 tablespoon honey (swap to maple syrup if you want to make it vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Tiny pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Sliced oranges, for topping - or any fruit, my one this morning had plum and strawberries
- Optional - coconut flakes, for topping
HOW TO DO IT:
Stir the coconut milk, chia seeds, honey, vanilla, salt, and orange zest together in a bowl or measuring cup. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, stir once more. Serve topped with orange slices and coconut flakes (if using).